Thursday, January 15, 2009

18 month check up




Annabell had her 18 month check up yesterday. She is doing wonderfully. Here are her stats:
-34.25 inches tall = 95%
-43cm head = 90%
-25.1 lbs = 50%

So she is tall and skinny and doing great. She does have a little cold, with a cough, so say a prayer for her please.

Ever since the binki has been out of the picture Annabell's speaking has rapidly picked up. She amazes me every day. She also learned how to say"shhhh...baby". She puts her finger over her lip and says shhhh anytime Ford is sleeping. It's cute.
We went to the library today and Annabell was by far the most obediant and compliant child in the room. I thought the librarian was going to go crazy. Parents letting there kids run crazy with out saying a word during reading time. She actually did tell one little girl to "SIT DOWN!". It actually shocked the mom I think. Annabell would get distracted by the kids yelling or running, so I would ask her to watch the teacher read the book and she would point to the librarian and become engulfed in the story. I have no idea how she learned the word teacher. It amazes me how she associates things so quickly! Annabell is very well behaved. The only time she isn't is when I don't pay attention to her for longer periods of time. She starts to scratch or pull on me or even dive onto me if I ignore her. Or she will get into my stuff and pull it out everywhere. So one thought in my mind is I need to giver her more attention. But I don't think that is the case since I spend all day with her and focus on her a ton, and when you have more than one kid you just can't give your undivided attention all day long. So this has prompted me to check out "Strong Willed Child" by James Dobson, from the library. I know she is a strong kid with a strong independent spirit, but that hasn't become too much of a challenge so far. She responds very well to discipline. But I thought it better to be prepared either way, the book has been great. Anyways. She is a wonder. I was talking to my sister on the phone and in one thought I said "she brings me so much joy!!! (she was hugging me) followed by "I will whoop your bottom". (don't worry she didn't get whooped....she had just pulled my hair and literally pulled me to the ground...but I gave her a warning and she stopped) Haha. Well here are some pictures ...Annabell wanted to get into Ford's stroller today at the library...so I aloud her while we strolled to the car. The other picture is of her at the library, and then of her and Emma at church on sunday playing the in garden. Love y'all!

No comments: